Friday, January 8, 2010

The B-Daddy Channel - Update

I love all kinds of music, so with a second blog, it gives me a chance to post twice as much weekend music, a tradition pioneered by Dean with his "Radio KBWD is on the air" posts.

I like Tom Jones and both versions of "Mr. Jones" even though they are unrelated except for title.
First the Talking Heads who make as good use of trumpets within rock as anyone I can think of.



Now the Counting Crows



The Counting Crows have a line in this song that so perfectly captures our narcissistic age:
"When I look at the television, I want to see me staring right back at me."

UPDATE:

And how could I forget this Mr. Jones?

2 comments:

  1. The first side of "Naked" is as good as anything the Talking Heads have ever done.

    "The Jones gang is down at the bar... drinkin' cold beer from metal cans"

    Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try this:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dlOlx1Mwu0&feature=related

    ReplyDelete